Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recessionista's Real World Revisited

Punk'dImage via Wikipedia
Not too long ago, I opened my heart and my world to you all about my recent trials and tribulations. I'm here with an update.

I wish I had fantastic news, but sadly, I'm still stuck in limbo. Today and tomorrow I'll be withdrawing from California State University Long Beach and applying for an educational leave. I'm in the process of applying for Woodbury University to pursue a BA in Organizational Leadership through a cohort program, which I think will better suit me for the moment. I have gone on multiple interviews, sent in about 200 applications/resumes (I'm not exaggerating), and have been lead on.

I finally got the call from Goodwill SOLAC, the job I was lead to believe was mine as a Development Associate, the position I thought was changing my life and therefore put me in the position to withdraw from school in the first place, only to find out I was no longer being considered for the position. Bummer is not a strong enough word. I made so many alterations to my life to make way for this position, and I did not get it. I was, and still am, frustrated, disappointed, embarrassed, and depressed about it, but all I can do is live and learn.

Shortly after that call, I got a call from the president of the Long Beach chapter of the NAACP to start working as her assistant. I started on Monday and will not return; the experience was horrific to the point where all I can do is laugh. I really thought I was on Punk'd. Feel free to read about the shenanigans I endured.

I've ended one of my internships and will be ending 2 more, as they directly relate to CSULB and won't be able to be completed if I'm no longer attending there.

I'm still actively applying and looking for something. I'm tapping into all of my resources and network connections. I've never been extremely patient, and it's really getting to me now. All I can do is sit and wait at this point, hoping something pans out. Bills still need to be paid, an education still needs to be obtained, my sanity still needs to be reinstalled.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Labels