Friday, April 3, 2009

La la Land

After graduating from school in december I had been job searching to figure out where I would start the next chapter of my life. I didn't know what my plans were or where I would be headed. After speaking with Lance Stacey at the rainmakernetwork.org I was so excited to be on the frontier of working with eco-friendly companies and "green- collar" jobs! I had a position in Los Angeles!!

Never having visited Lala land before I had no idea what to expect. Lots of traffic, bright lights, and of course celebrities!!!!! When I arrived here I was taken aback by the beauty of the state. There is so much here that is offered from both the mountains and the sea. I have met so many people that are dedicated to making the earth a better place so it will continue to offer such beauty!


I have always been councious of recycling, make an effort to ride my bike at school as well as buy eco-friendly products when possible. But LA has a totally different outlook on the green movement. I feel what some people might call a 'trend' or movement' that will just pass with time is in FULL SWING here in los angeles. It isn't just about recycling your plastic and turning your lights off ( which are both great ways to start) but being green, eco- concsious, earth friendly, or nature friendly is a way of life. I have been educated in so many different ways about products that are available to everyone, diesel cars, and companies that are changing to make a difference. I am so excited by the effort of this city to educate others on the green movement

this city has embraced the idea that there is another way to live and gives me hope for the future. It isn't hard to be green, it isn't ugly to be green, it isn't just a trend to green. It is something that is accesable to us all in an easy way. you just have to look around to see all the places that you can make a difference.

there is never a truly ugly day, the weather is so happy and pleasant and the flowers are wonderful!! LA has shown me a totally different side than I thought I would see.

Erin

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin....I enjoy reading your Rainblogs! Your passion for keeping the earth pure and clean for generations to come shows through in your writing.

So happy you are working with The Rainmaker Network and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Rainmom

Blog Archive

Labels