Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Bringing Green to the Grad Scene!

Hi there Rainmakers.



So, it's that time of year again when we all go back to school. Some of us dread it. Some of us love it! For the first time in two years I will be joining you this fall! I officially start graduate school on Friday at Golden Gate University.

I've made a pact with myself that my university experience will be as eco-conscious as possible! I've attended lots of different schools during my undergraduate program -- some junior colleges, some Cal States, even a military school -- and a lot of it involved driving around, buying textbooks, wasting money and time, and a TON of paperwork. I can't believe I used to drive 80 miles roundtrip for my undergrad...and that I only carpooled twice!

For grad school I am committed to...
  • taking online classes and telecommuting to campus
  • buying eBooks and/or renting my textbooks online
  • completing all of my schoolwork paperlessly whenever possible
  • submitting all of my term papers via email
  • purchasing carbon offsets if I ever have to travel to the main campus in SF
  • making the most of my education by helping others realize their potential
Now that I'm a few years wiser and a bit more educated on the green scene, it is my duty to put into practice what I've learned. Here's to another four years of school (I'm a part time Master's student) that will put me one step closer to my goals. Keep moving forward, Rainmakers...If I can do it, you can do it!

As Johann Wolfgang von Goethe said, "He who moves not forward, goes backward.”

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Labels